Re: A tricky matched values problem

I certainly agree that that we need an unambigious definition. It is confusing if a users different behaviour when accesing different directories. A user using an LDAP client might not be aware whether the LDAP server being accessed is an X.500 system or not. We should agree on a definition that applies across the board: We should not have any artificial differences. This may of particular interest for vendors otherwise having to implement two different schemes.

Erik Andersen