Re: Returning single values from multivalued attributes

David Boreham wrote:

> Rob Weltman wrote:
>
> >   I think they're somewhat orthogonal in usefulness. The duplicate entry
> > control will help a lot with displaying the contents of static groups (when
> > combined with a VLV control) in a browsing way. The matchedValuesOnly control
> > will help when searching (the certificate example is a great one, but it would
> > also be helpful for e.g. showing only the members of a group that matched
> > search criteria).
>
> Indeed, but I wanted to make sure folk here knew about
> the dupent control. For example, it might be more useful
> in the context of retrieving schema definition entries
> than the matchedValuesOnly control.

  Oh no! For schema I would take the matchedValuesOnly control any time! Most of the
time a client gets attributes back from a search and would like to easily know more
about them (syntax, multi-valued, ...). There are server management programs that
will want to browse the schema, but that is a much smaller niche.

Rob