RE: Dereferencing Match draft for the repository...

At 07:36 21.06.99 -0500, Ryan Moats wrote:

I like the idea of adding a "how to respond if you don't
support this extension" section to the draft.  As far as
interoperability beyond this, I'm not sure I understand:
why isn't this a binary situation (the server supports
the extension or not).
There are 2 cases:
- The function is possible to perform, but abysmally slow(?) if this
  extension is not supported
- The function is not possible to perform if this extension is not
  supported
I think any extension draft should be very clear about which category
it fits into.

            Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
Harald.Alvestrand@maxware.no