Re: Dereferencing Match draft for the repository...

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> The endgame of this particular trend is a situation where we have multiple
> completely independent LDAP-based services serving differing purposes, but
> with little real interoperability between them.

I'd like to propose that it be a rule of the ldapext working
group that all such documents must state clearly what
are the implications for a server not implementing the
wizbang new feature proposed. Also a statement on
how interoperability can be maintained should be
required.

I've tried to include this sort of information in
the feature-creep drafts I've written, but looking
back I wish I'd put it in distinct sections.