Re: RFC2589 (fwd)

LDAPv3 defines an attribute type called supportedLDAPVersion that must
be published in each server's rootDSE (the entry named by the DN "").
Values of this attribute provide protocol version information.  For more
information, see section 3.4 of RFC 2251, which is available here (among
other places):

  http://info.internet.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc2251.txt

The Programmers' Guides for the Netscape/Mozilla C and Java SDK also
include "how to" information on this.  See:

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/dirsdk/csdk30/servinfo.htm#1915315

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/dirsdk/jsdk30/servinfo.htm#1915315

--
Mark Smith
Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance