Re: proposed charter revision

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, John Merrells wrote:

> Gordon and I have just moved the start and end controls down to the
> protocol document.
>
> The architecture document still does contain clauses that implementors
> will have to adhere to in order to build interoperable systems. So
> I don't believe it should be informational.
>
> It has always been our intent that implementors would use the
> profile documents as a guide to which pieces of the various
> ldup documents that they will need to implement in order to
> have a compliant ldup single or multi master solution.

I think it is within process to still make the architecture spec
informational, but specify in appropriate standards-track profiles
what is mandatory-to-implement in the architecture spec.

Patrick?

Or is what you are referring to so extensive that profiling it would mean
replicating quite a bit of text from the architecture spec in the
profiles?

Chris.

> John

Chris Apple                     Business Site: AnyWho Directory Service
Internet Directory Group                       http://www.anywho.com
AT&T Labs
capple@control.att.com
+1 973 236 6470                 Tired of slow directories?  Try AnyWho.