Re: proposed charter revision

Alan Lloyd wrote:

> Is there a danger of putting up a standard that contains "a start" and
> an "end" without knowing what the detail is  in between!
>
> It strikes me the easy bit is statrt and end, but it has little value
> without the magic bit - so why standardise it.

Gordon and I have just moved the start and end controls down to the
protocol document.

The architecture document still does contain clauses that implementors
will have to adhere to in order to build interoperable systems. So
I don't believe it should be informational.

We decided to break the LDUP effort into multiple documents in order
to partition the work between many smaller teams. Without all of the
documents it will not be possible to implement an LDUP solution.

It has always been our intent that implementors would use the
profile documents as a guide to which pieces of the various
ldup documents that they will need to implement in order to
have a compliant ldup single or multi master solution.

John