Re: Comments on draft-ryan-java-schema-02

Manish Gupta wrote:

> I did not intend to store multiple serialzied Java objects in one LDAP entry.
>
> Perhaps an example will help clarify my question/comment. Let us say that I
> have 2 different Java objects, o1 and o2, corresponding to the same Java
> class, Foo. Now if I wanted to store the serialized form of both of these
> Java objects in an LDAP directory, I would have to store them in different
> portions(containers) of the directory as the RDN of each of them would be
> Foo (its javaClassName).

Actually that's not necessary. The javaClassName attribute isn't used
for naming the entry. The javaSerializedObject object class inherits
the cn attribute from the javaObject object class. It's better to use
cn to name the entry. For example,

    cn=o1, ou=Java Objects, o=cisco.com
    cn=o2, ou=Java Objects, o=cisco.com