Re: Status of LDIF and Changelog?

>>From: Chris Harding <c.harding@opengroup.org>

[snip]

>>better in theory - at least for non-ASCII information - but LDIF is
>>adequate and is there now AND is widely supported. So I think that it would
>>be appropriate for LDIF to be on the standards track.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Chris

Mine is another vote to move forward with LDIF.  It's by no
means perfect, but at this point it appears to be a de-facto
standard among LDAP directory implementations, and such a common
form is desperately needed (and today is used in the form of LDIF)
among the many LDAP clients out there who provision LDAP directories.

Regards,

Robert Allen
rja@sun.com