RE: Objections to draft-ietf-ldapext-psearch-01.txt

I agree with Ed.

Experience tell us that users always want distributed systems to behave like
centralized ones, with (e.g.) immediate notifications and perfectly
up-to-date and consistent information. There are proofs that it is not
possible for us to give it to them, and when we create systems that have
that abstraction but that don't scale, we are making promises on which we
can't deliver. No matter how big the disclaimers and how detailed the
"Intended Use" sections.

I also believe the approaches from the WISEN workshop are focussed enough to
produce results quickly enough to use with LDAP.

Paul