Re: [Syntaxes] += RFC 3698?

At 08:31 PM 9/27/2004, Steven Legg wrote:
>I don't have a strong opinion either way. It should be noted that the
>storedPrefixMatch is not defined in X.520:1993 so it can't be rolled
>into [Syntaxes]. If the Chairs want to declare that there is consensus
>on including all the rules from RFC 3698, except for storedPrefixMatch,
>then I'll take care of it.

Are there any objections to adding these rules?

Any objection to adding octetStringSubstringsMatch as well?

I couldn't include it in RFC 3698 due to how substrings
assertions were defined in RFC 2251/2252.  Now that we've
fixed substrings assertions, octetStringSubstringsMatch
can now properly be specified for use in LDAP.  Given that
LDAP matching rule specification does little more than
incorporate the X.500 rule, I don't have a problem with
including it (even though it is not presently specified
in a standard track RFC).

-- Kurt