Re: Partially suppported supportedControl/supportedExtension

At 09:06 AM 8/24/2004, Michael Ströder wrote:
>Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>>Unfortunately I know of no mechanism to advertise a particular feature as available for a user, a subtree, etc.
>
>I'm pretty sure you know such a mechanism:
>(Sub schema) sub entries.

You and Alexey may be disagreeing as to what 'available' means
(and, likewise, what 'supported' means).

It my view that 'supported' does not mean 'servicable'.  A
server can support version 3 of LDAP without being able to
service all LDAP operations.  Likewise, a server can
support an extension without being able to service all LDAP
operations make use of that extension.

Kurt