Re: uppercase attribute names

Mark Smith writes:
> As long as it is clear that case does not matter, I am not too concerned
> about what is used in the examples and in the text.  Do some of the
> examples use mixed or lower case?

After a few quick 'grep's:

Short attribute names in DN examples (including URIs) -
  [DN], [Syntaxes]             uppercase.
  [URL], [Authmeth], [Schema]  lowercase.
  [Models], [Protocol]         both, but mostly uppercase.

Other short attribute names (only looked for common names) -
  [DN]             uppercase.
  [URL], [Filter]  lowercase.
  [Models]         a mix of both.

Mixed-case longer attribute names -
  Not in DNs, but a few elsewhere: objectClass, aliasedObjectName,
  shoeSize, seeAlso in [DN], [Filter], [Models], [Protocol], [URL].

> That is something editors may want to take a look at... but obviously
> not the most urgent issue we have to worry about ;-)

True.