Re: uppercase attribute names

Hallvard,

The documents follow a well-established (before LDAP), widely accepted
practice in uppercasing very short attribute type descriptors appearing
in AVAs.  I don't see your view that this usage is "ugly" as being
technically relevant and certainly is quite subjective.  I believe
the choice of case here should be left to the editors on the grounds
that, to the protocol/models, case doesn't matter.

As far as the case in the examples being different than the case in
the name field of their descriptions, I note that case used in the
examples is generally consistent with their official IANA registrations
and other definitive tables of attribute type descriptors.  One could
(I won't) argue that it is the name fields which should be changed.

As far as guidance (to schema designers), that's a topic for future
documents (considerations for schema designers).

Kurt