Re: ABNF of numericoid

At 02:26 PM 12/7/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>This thread seems to have been forgotten:
>
>[models] and [bcp64] define numericoid as
>      numericoid = number *( DOT number )
>
>It should be ( "0" / "1" / "2" ) 1*( DOT number )
(1)
>with further restrictions on the second component.

or (2)
        numericoid = number 1*( DOT number )
or (3)
        numericoid = %x30-31 DOT [ %x31-33 ] DIGIT *( DOT number )
                / %x32 1*( DOT number )

Of these, I dislike (1) because it accounts for some, but not
all, of the X.690 restrictions.  (2) seems reasonable as it
is consistent with objectIdentifier specification provided in
X.680.  (3) incorporates all of the X.660 semantics/X.690
limitations.

Any concerns in going with (3)?

Kurt