Re: DIT Content Rules

At least going back to X.501(1993):

   The DIT content rules of superclasses of the structural object class for
an entry do not apply to that entry.

For your example, I interpret that as meaning that a DIT content rule for
person does not apply to inetorgperson.

It looks like that specific statement is missing from [models] though much
of the text surrounding it (in X.501) is present.

I think it would be appropriate to add this statement to [models].

John  McMeeking

                      Michael Ströder
                      <michael@stroeder.co        To:       ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
                      m>                          cc:
                      Sent by:                    Subject:  DIT Content Rules
                      owner-ietf-ldapbis@O
                      penLDAP.org

                      10/28/2003 09:50 AM

HI!

Reviewing draft-ietf-ldapbis-models-09 I wonder whether a DIT content rule
also applies to inherited structural object classes.

Example: If I have a content rule for object class 'person' does this also
apply to object class 'inetOrgPerson'?

The implementation I'm testing with does not seem to apply the content rule
to inherited object classes but section 4.1.6 "DIT Content Rules" is not
very explicit on this.

The current text is:

   For DIT entries of a particular structural object class, [..]

The word "particular" might be too weak.

Ciao, Michael.