Re: Specifying non-tcp transports referrals

Eric A. Hall wrote:
on 6/24/2003 1:12 PM Jim Sermersheim wrote:

I believe it's assumed that the address in an LDAP URL
(draft-ietf-ldapbis-url-03.txt) points to an LDAP server capable of
communicating over TCP/IP. This is probably a bad assumption.

Why is that a bad assumption? If and when someone wants to use URLs that support LDAP over a non-TCP transport, they can define an LDAP URL extension or a new URL scheme (as both Jim and Eric suggested). I do not think the LDAPBis documents need to say much if anything about this.

-Mark