Re: groupOfName

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 02:38 PM 6/4/2003, Michael Ströder wrote:

Would it be a big problem or out of scope of ldapbis to change
declaration of object class 'groupOfNames' so that attribute 'member'
is not required ?

I think redesigning LDAP object class specifications is beyond our scope. (Note that such changes in object class specifications generally requires assignment of a new OID and new short names. See X.501(93).)

Is this change really so big? Do you see any incompabilities with existing implementations?

IMO it's a security issue that you MUST specify at least one group member during group creation. Admins will tend to add dummy values leading to inconsistent group management.

Ciao, Michael.