Re: Continuation reference to root DN

Jim Sermersheim writes:
> What would cause a continuation reference to point to the basedn ""?

I think it would have to be something like this DIT:
  c=no
    o=foo     (on server A)
      ou=bar  (on server A)
      ou=baz  (on server B, with DN o=baz)
      ou=quux (on server B, with DN o=quux)
      ...more ou's in server B...

Searches below o=foo return some entries from server A and one reference
to the root of server B.  It could instead return references to each OU
i B, but that would be slow (many repeated searches) if there are many
OUs.

I makes me really sad that can't set up my DIT that way:-)