Re: Continuation reference to root DN

From:           	Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>
To:             	Jim Sermersheim <jimse@novell.com>
Copies to:      	ietf-ldapbis@OpenLDAP.org
Subject:        	Re: Continuation reference to root DN
Date sent:      	Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:35:35 +0100

Hallvard

You obviously have not heard of NSSRs! (non specific subordinate
references). They were defined in X.500 for precisely the configuration you
have here.

I dont like your idea of references to the root. These should be reserved for
superior references (which LDAP still has to define)

If LDAP only defines one reference type, you cannot expect it to
comprehensively solve all your referencing problems. LDAP will eventually need
to define more reference types, as per X.500

regards

David