Re: short names (descriptors) proposal

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 06:00 AM 2002-11-04, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Maybe it would be helpful for application developers if the standard
>document explicitly states that an attribute type and an object class MAY
>have the same name although discouraged. I had to learn it the hard way...

How about adding the following to 6.2: Note: While discouraged, one name may (for historical reasons)
be an alias for multiple OIDs each referring to a different kind
of schema element. That is, there may be an objectClass 'fubar'
and an attributeType 'fubar'.

Sounds good. That will definitely help!

Ciao, Michael.