Re: SHA-2 support (was: Permissions, users, startup when install from source)

--On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:39 AM +0100 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:35 PM -0800 Ori Bani
<oribani@gmail.com> wrote:
Why hasn't the sha2 module been migrated out of the
contrib directory

The "core" of OpenLDAP tries to be as RFC compliant as possible.  There
is no RFC that I'm aware of that adds SHA2 support.

Sorry, this is an artificial argument which is simply not valid!

Can you tell me which RFC specifies how to handle LANMAN hashes
(--enable-lmpasswd)? There are plenty similar examples...

OpenLDAP, like many software projects that have existed for numerous years, has grown in its development practices. Just because something was done incorrectly in the past is not a reason to continue doing so. Feel free to port lanman hashes to a contrib module.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.