SHA-2 support (was: Permissions, users, startup when install from source)

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:35 PM -0800 Ori Bani <oribani@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why hasn't the sha2 module been migrated out of the
>> contrib directory
>
> The "core" of OpenLDAP tries to be as RFC compliant as possible.  There is no
> RFC that I'm aware of that adds SHA2 support.

Sorry, this is an artificial argument which is simply not valid!

Can you tell me which RFC specifies how to handle LANMAN hashes
(--enable-lmpasswd)? There are plenty similar examples...

I'd also like to see sha2 module pulled into mainstream source (with patch in
ITS#7490).

Ciao, Michael.