Re: Migrating from slapd 2.3 to 2.4

Nick Milas wrote:
On 23/5/2012 6:11 ÏÎ, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

I would generally expect a replica to export the database in the same
order as the master.  But in general, yes, you compare the LDIF
generated by the master and the replica. If the replica is out of
order in relation to the master, you can use the ldifsort perl utility
that's found fairly easily to sort both ldif's into entry order prior
to doing the diff.

Thanks,

This method however would be really feasible only when the whole DIT is
replicated. If a non-root DN is used for replication, then only the
parts of the DIT that are accessible by that DN will be replicated.

RTFM. slapcat(8) can be told to dump only a portion of the database, if desired.

Additionally, slapcat outputs operational attributes too, which I think
can not be identical on both ends.

Possibly. There are server-specific operational attributes, which might differ from one to the next. These are pretty rare though. Most operational attributes are global to the directory system, and will be identical.

--
  -- Howard Chu