Re: Memory leak in 2.4.31 w/ hdb and MMR?

 On 05/18/12 03:36 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Are you using shm keys with BDB?

Not at this time.

I don't know anyone who is using BDB 5.3 at this point in time. I would back down to something less recent and see if you see the same issue. I've used BDB 4.7 for quite some time w/o issue.

Well, with 4.8.30, the problem is still evident. Overall, using delta-syncrepl seems to make a large difference. With my previous test (still with bdb 5.3) and delta-syncrepl, the slapd process grew to 16G before dying. With delta off (removing the 'syncdata=accesslog logbase="cn=accesslog" logfilter="(&(objectClass=auditWriteObject)(reqResult=0))"' portion of the olcSyncrepl line) the node started and finished loading the entire DB and grew to about 5.7G in total.

I don't have the bdb 4.7 tarball handy... but I'll being giving mdb a shot next and see if it behaves the same.

Also, your BDB cachesize seems undersized, given the size of your DB. It should be no less than dn2id.bdb + id2entry.bdb + 10% for growth. Personally, I prefer to keep my BDB cachesize at <size of DB>, or in your case, I'd set it to 2 GB, i.e.:

Thanks, if I stick with hdb I'll make that tweak. Those values are pretty old, I've been shy about changing too much while changing everything else. :)