Re: Migrating from slapd 2.3 to 2.4

On 23/5/2012 6:11 ÏÎ, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

I would generally expect a replica to export the database in the same order as the master. But in general, yes, you compare the LDIF generated by the master and the replica. If the replica is out of order in relation to the master, you can use the ldifsort perl utility that's found fairly easily to sort both ldif's into entry order prior to doing the diff.

Thanks,

This method however would be really feasible only when the whole DIT is replicated. If a non-root DN is used for replication, then only the parts of the DIT that are accessible by that DN will be replicated.

Additionally, slapcat outputs operational attributes too, which I think can not be identical on both ends.

In this case I think slapcat does not offer a solution. Therefore, could we use:

   ldapsearch -H <provider> -D <dn used on the consumer setup> <filter,
   if used on the consumer setup> -L *

and

   ldapsearch -H <consumer> -D <root dn> -L *

instead (without operational attrs)?

Is this approach correct?

Regards,
Nick