Re: OpenLdap unstable on RHEL5 & Centos5 with db4

Rohit B skrev, on 22-02-2008 06:18:

Thanks, i downloaded RPMS from the link you send me but if i remove the original RPMS i have a lot of dependencies one of them is postfix. It gives libldap errors. So what i did was i recompiled postifx on a system having the new ldap rpms installed and used that postfix rpm on my setup. This solved the issue. I had to make changed in the DB_CONFIG file to match the cache size suited to my systems memory and also copied the same file to some of the application which need the DB4 library like /var/imap/db .This solved 99% of my problems.

You went about it one of the ways possible; however, installing Buchan's rpms will mean that they exist *parallel* to Red Hat's, so Red Hat's offerings don't have to be removed. I'm guessing that their are dependencies to the Red Hat client stuff and keeping these will obviate the remaining 1% of your problem. In fact, I have exactly the same on one of the RHEL5 servers on my site, where I can't use Buchan's client rpm and have to use Red Hat's.

OT: I hope you discovered Simon J. Mudd's Postfix srpm, since it enables you to upgrade Postfix to latest stable (d.d. 2.5.1)

Best,

--Tonni