Re: Troubleshooting synchronization

Hi Dieter!

Your answers are very helpful, thanks for that!

>>> directory design, I wonder if I am suffering from a misconception here,
>>> i.e. mixing up N-way multi-master and mirror mode possibly.
>>
>> probably

So looking at

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Configuring%20the%20different%20replication%20types

What I understand is:

18.3.1. Syncrepl

This is about the syncrepl engine as such. So this is applicable to all
types of replication and it's the technical basics, right?

18.3.2. Delta-syncrepl

I guess this is simple master-slave, isn't it? Though I fail to
understand why this is about deltas while obviously the other mechanisms
aren't, are they?

18.3.3. N-Way Multi-Master

This was the first section which explained something which sounded like
what I am looking for. So I went for it.

18.3.4. MirrorMode

Looking at the config example, I just can't tell the difference to
18.3.3. N-Way Multi-Master except:

- samples in this section are not cn=config based, but I guess that
shouldn't matter but it's just a question of which mechanism I like to
use, isn't it?
- in both N-Way Multi-Master and in Mirror Mode I have serverID,
mirrormode on and syncrepl statements.

So what actually is the difference between Mirror Mode and N-Way
Multi-Master except having 2 servers or three servers?

Regards,
Torsten