Re: Troubleshooting synchronization

Hi Quanah!

> I suggest you go read the CHANGES log for what has been fixed between
> 2.4.11 and the latest stable 2.4.19.

I need to say, it worries me a bit that for problems with a core feature
which has been around for quite some time, the answer is more often that
I like to hear: You need to use the latest version released last week /
month or so.

I have indeed read the CHANGES and seen that some issues have been
fixed. I have no idea if we are affected by those issues or now.

Also how would I know that *now* in 2.4.19 all problems are fixed and
the answer next week won't be: You need to use 2.4.20.

But as this is a FOSS project and not a product we pay for, we
understand that we should not blame people but try and help if we find a
a problem.

For that reason I have asked in my email for help on *understanding* and
*diagnosing* problems to have a chance to contribute in case we will
find any new issues.

Also our customers may not like it if in case of a problem we tell them:
Let's wait if in some weeks a new release will come which will fix it or
not. So I'd rather be in a position to get my hands dirty myself in case
of problems.

Regards,
Torsten