Re: Updating a private schema (cn=config)?

Quanah:

Incorrect. It is stored in a database of type "ldif". This may not be "bdb" or "hdb" that you are used to, but it is a type of OpenLDAP database backend.

You know, I tend to call databases, databases and flat files, flat files (or sometimes text files). There does tend to be a bit of a difference between the two.

And the *.ldif files found in /etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema are pretty much simple flat files, in a slightly modified ldif format, basically with some extra attributes defined at the end of the file.

And if they are "databases" (which I find hard to believe having looked at their internal structure), then one must question the advisability of using a .ldif filename suffix, which has very specific meaning.

Either way, sorry but I'm not buying it.

--
Andrzej Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com