Re: Updating a private schema (cn=config)?

--On Friday, December 12, 2008 3:18 PM -0500 Andrzej Jan Taramina <andrzej@chaeron.com> wrote:

As it turns out, cn=config is NOT stored in the database (though the
documentation misleads about this)...it is stored in a special
subdirectory (/etc/ldap/slapd.d/cn=config on my Ubuntu boxes). Maybe it's
loaded into the db at startup...I don't know. Not sure this is much
better than the old slapd.conf approach.

Incorrect. It is stored in a database of type "ldif". This may not be "bdb" or "hdb" that you are used to, but it is a type of OpenLDAP database backend.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer