Re: cn=config example

Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
On Fri Sep 21 2007 at 00:00:08 CEST, Hex Star wrote:

howto. I think a great howto would be one that expands on this: http://
mattfleming.com/node/190 except going into much more detail outlining every
step necessary for it to work.

Documents such as the one you mention are, apart from quite good-looking, rather useless to the world at whole; papers that start off with `apt-get ...', are useless as they supply information to only a small portion of users, and what is worse, information that quickly is outdated, or incorrect to start with. Furthermore, most people simply "write-and-forget", meaning they never come back to update their "howtos" for a next version of the respective software.

I tell people, "If you want howtos, buy Windows".

++ To all of above.

Gavin's suggestion to augment the Admin Guide with real-world configuration examples can only be applauded. Examples of ACL, grouping, etc. with descriptions would greatly enhance the value of the OpenLDAP documentation.

I think our Appendices will be the biggest part ;-)

Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.