Re: cn=config example

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> Note that this feature was already documented in the existing
> slapd/slapadd/slap* manpages in 2.3. It's a shame that we go to the trouble of
> writing these docs that nobody actually reads.

And it's a sad that project leaders immediatly assume users are just
unwilling to read the docs, rather than wondering if the docs need
improvement.

I just discovered why my slapd -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d attempt failed:
permissions on the slapd.d directory were wrong, so slapd just start and
quits without a message, leaving an empty directory.

I suspect I did not had the idea to check the logs because I was just
expecting it to do the conversion in the foreground and exit. Obviously
a wrong expectation.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz