Re: cn=config example

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Note that this feature was already documented in the existing slapd/slapadd/slap* manpages in 2.3. It's a shame that we go to the trouble of
writing these docs that nobody actually reads.

And it's a sad that project leaders immediatly assume users are just unwilling to read the docs, rather than wondering if the docs need improvement.

We know they do, and we are. There's no wondering involved ;-)

I just discovered why my slapd -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d attempt failed:
permissions on the slapd.d directory were wrong, so slapd just start and
quits without a message, leaving an empty directory.

I suspect I did not had the idea to check the logs because I was just
expecting it to do the conversion in the foreground and exit. Obviously
a wrong expectation.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.