Re: Automatic referral chasing

Taymour A. El Erian skrev, on 05-09-2007 13:01:

[...]

Some of the tests do run but some do not and I can't really understand the reason. I am using the rpms provided by Buchan on RHEL 3 U9. I can start slapd with any configuration which means (I think) that the binaries are fine.

Unless all the tests pass you have a duff product. Reading the test logs produced by tests that fail should help, but the log level is pretty high and needs some parsing. Personally I try to rebuild from srpms on a similar machine to my production machines, especially with something as complicated as what Buchan offers. One has the opportunity to alter the spec file to suit one's own needs, too.

[...]

The docs of openldap are really not clear

Yep, many have pointed this out in the past, and the docs *have* been vastly improved - but even after several years' of OL sysadminning I still have problems in interpreting them. In many cases, if it hadn't been for this list I'd still be completely at sea.

Would it be possible to help me get out of the sea ?

I'm sure that most people here are here who do help, are here because they want to help. But you have to do as the ones who can make (almost) everything work advise.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw