Re: slapd/slurpd sporadic replication

--On Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:26 PM -0400 Brent Franks <brentfranks@gmail.com> wrote:

On 6/29/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:39 PM -0400 Brent Franks
<brentfranks@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have noticed something very strange however with the replication
> process.  When I issue a modification to the master server, for about
> an hour or so after starting slapd/slurpd on master, the changes
> replicate just fine.  Sometime thereafter though replications just
> stop working.  Occasionally it will start working again.
What version of OpenLDAP?

OpenLDAP 2.2.13

Have you made sure the slapd replog file and the slurpd replog file are
in different locations?
Yes, they both live in different locations.

The replication was working great all day until about 4:30 today.

The slurpd replogs are residing in:
/usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog

Anytime I make a change on the master, it seems to be just queueing up
there without acctually replicating.  The entries go fine in the
master.  This occurs with a modify and an add.  A restart of the
slurpd and slapd doesn't fix anything.  Restarting slapd on the slave
doesn't work either.

I should also point out that the network connection between both slave
and master are fine.

Have you tried running slurpd -d -1 to see what it reports?

Have you looked at the slave to see if slurpd is trying to connect, but failing?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer