Re: slapd/slurpd sporadic replication

On 6/29/05, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> --On Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:39 PM -0400 Brent Franks
> <brentfranks@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have noticed something very strange however with the replication
> > process.  When I issue a modification to the master server, for about
> > an hour or so after starting slapd/slurpd on master, the changes
> > replicate just fine.  Sometime thereafter though replications just
> > stop working.  Occasionally it will start working again.
> What version of OpenLDAP?

OpenLDAP 2.2.13

> Have you made sure the slapd replog file and the slurpd replog file are in
> different locations?
Yes, they both live in different locations.

The replication was working great all day until about 4:30 today.

The slurpd replogs are residing in:
/usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog

Anytime I make a change on the master, it seems to be just queueing up
there without acctually replicating.  The entries go fine in the
master.  This occurs with a modify and an add.  A restart of the
slurpd and slapd doesn't fix anything.  Restarting slapd on the slave
doesn't work either.

I should also point out that the network connection between both slave
and master are fine.

Best Regards,