Re: Checkpoint command not working in slapd.conf?

Dave Horsfall wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Force a checkpoint at 10:17. Update at 10:19. Because fewer than
5 minutes had elapsed *since the last checkpoint*, no checkpoint is done.

Right, that's what I said. ;) And again, this will be addressed in 2.3 on a
permanent basis. :)

Subtle... Had I done the update just a few minutes later, I wouldn't've observed it, and would've thought everything was fine.

Anyway, I couldn't find an ITS on this (I suppose someone will tell me that there is one) so I've submitted a "request for enhancement" (as it's not really a bug) to back-port the 2.3 behaviour - ITS#3492.

2.2 has been feature-frozen for months. Anything that isn't an outright crash is not likely to be changed. I would have pushed to get this into 2.2 already if I thought it belonged there.

--
 -- Howard Chu