Re: Checkpoint command not working in slapd.conf?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> > What dumb thing have I done (or not done)?
>
> Nothing, but if you read the list regularly, this issue has been discussed
> several times this month.  You need to add a checkpoint cron job or something
> similar until 2.3 is released.

Hmmm...  Must've missed that somehow.  Anyway, my reading of the source
code shows this:

servers/slapd/back-bdb/modify.c:

bdb_modify(...)
{
    if( rs->sr_err == LDAP_SUCCESS && bdb->bi_txn_cp ) {
                ldap_pvt_thread_yield();
                TXN_CHECKPOINT( bdb->bi_dbenv,
                        bdb->bi_txn_cp_kbyte, bdb->bi_txn_cp_min, 0 );
        }
}

TXN_CHECKPOINT() is a macro for (env)->txn_checkpoint(env, k, m, f)

which appears to imply that slapd calls the checkpoint function itself
after any update (and config.c bdb_db_config() seems to load up the
checkpoint parameters), hence an external cron job is not necessary?

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia