Re: BDB Corruption...

Buchan Milne wrote:

jehan procaccia wrote:

Buchan Milne wrote:

Mandrake 10.1/cooker has openldap2.2 in contrib, installable in parallel with the 2.1.30 packages in main (there wasn't time to get 2.2 into main and rebuild all packages that depend in libldap before version freeze).

what do you mean by "in parallel" ?

You can have openldap-servers and openldap2.2-servers installed at the same time with no conflicts. The only packages which conflict are libldap2-devel and libldap2.2_7-devel.

OK, I didn't thought about changing le packagae name !

The soname has changed between 2.1 and 2.2, as well as the library minor. Library packages should never conflict (this is why Mandrake has lib packages, instead of sticking the libraries in say the openldap package as RH does), but the -devel packages will (but, well, just install the one you want).

Very good idea to create lib packages !. Where can we can SRPM of all your openldap2.2 packages ?

All binaries are suffixed (ie slapd2.2) and scripts/configs adjusted during the build. Client binaries (and man pages) are currently suffixed as well, as soon as cooker is open again, I will alternativise both the package in main and the one in contrib, so the most recently installed clients will be accessible as 'ldapsearch' etc but installed as 'ldapsearch2.1' and 'ldapsearch2.2'. I think Fedora has alternatives/update-alternatives as well ... but it can't be employed by only one package.

Yes, if you upgrade to openldap2.2, you need to rebuild every openldap libs dependant packages (php-ldap ... etc) to that newer version, except if you keep having the original distro openldap package (2.1.30).

Unfortunately the packaging files for openldap2.2 did not make it into CVS on my upload, so you can't see the spec file without grabing the SRPM, but mail me if you want one, or look at the way samba was done (for samba2/samba3).

I would prefer to have a look at openldap spec file, again, where can I get latest mandrake openldap2.2 SRPM ? (I suppose it uses mandrake rpm macros to be built :-( , as I don't have any mandrake here, where can I get mandrake rpmmacro file ?).

Thanks.

Regards, Buchan