Re: BDB Corruption...

ons, 20.10.2004 kl. 04.42 skrev Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> > WHEN WILL REDHAT WAKE UP AND MAKE MY JOB EASIER?
>
> I simply suggest not using RedHat. :)

I have many reasons for sticking with RH; it's just the whole attitude
to directory services (and RDBs for that matter) that gets my goat.

AFAIK the only OS that officially offers Openldap 2.2 as a standard
update, is FreeBSD; for all the others one has to jump through hoops. I
can understand that the jump from 2.0 to 2.2 could break client
applications, but surely the user should be given the choice and offered
the assistance in adopting modern technology, especially when the
software authors urge doing so? And I don't regard offering Netscape
Directory Server as being the answer ...

--Tonni

--
«Livet er ein gamp», sa øyken.
I can confirm this.

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...