Re: >= (greater or equal) and <= (lower or equal) operators in

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 15:19, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> I think the standard is missing it on purpose, because regular usage
> doesn't need anything but exact match.  Note that uidNumber to uid mapping
> only needs to use uidNumber as a key for exact filters.  If you want to
> use it for a different purpose, you should choose a different
> attributeType, or design your own.

I think this is too prescriptive. How do you define regular usage? I can
think of a couple of reasons why you might want to search a range of
uidnumbers. I'm sure there are other reasons for wanting to use these
inequality matches for other attributes too.

GREG

--
Greg Matthews
iTSS Wallingford	01491 692445