Re: Graphical LDAP clients with SASL support

lør, 06.03.2004 kl. 23.19 skrev Liviu Daia:

> Postfix doesn't support SASL binds.  SASL plays no role in the
> functioning of Postfix LDAP maps.  SASL itself can use (among other
> things) the ldapdb plugin during SMTP AUTH negotiation, but this has
> nothing to do with Postfix.

I should have stressed this. Openldap supports Postfix with the libldapd
auxprop plugin, not the other way around.

However, the two in concord support SASL binds. At the moment, I
wouldn't know what else to use libldapdb for :)

What I was also trying to stress was, that with Postfix's support of
ldapi, that SASL binds - on localhost, at least - are extraneous and
unnecessary, and avoid tons of unnecessary resources. I'm even using
ldapi for libldapdb, exactly to avoid using those resources.

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl