RE: BDB recovery after power outage

Today at 7:06am, Frank Swasey wrote:

> On Apr 21 at 5:01pm, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>
> > The options available for the DB_CONFIG file are well documented at
> > SleepyCat software's website.  Simply going to their main page:
> > http://www.sleepycat.com/ and doing a search on DB_CONFIG returns those
> > options you can set.
>
> Thank you, I seem to recall having problems with that search function in
> the past, so I have been ignoring it.  So, I tried it and yes, it brings
> up the dozen or so DB_ENV directives that have equivalent entries to put
> into DB_CONFIG.

Ooops!  I withdraw that statement!  The search for DB_CONFIG missed the
following entries:

DB_ENV->set_cachesize
DB_ENV->set_data_dir
DB_ENV->set_flags
DB_ENV->set_lg_bsize
DB_ENV->set_lg_max
DB_ENV->set_lk_detect
DB_ENV->set_mp_mmapsize
DB_ENV->set_shm_key
DB_ENV->set_tmp_dir
DB_ENV->set_verbose

A couple of those are rather important.  So, I will continue to be be
doubtful of the SEARCH engine at sleepycat.com.

What it did find was three variations of each of:

DB_ENV->set_tas_spins
DB_ENV->set_timeout
DB_ENV->set_lk_max_locks
DB_ENV->set_lg_regionmax
DB_ENV->set_lk_max_objects
DB_ENV->set_lk_max_lockers
DB_ENV->set_tx_max
DB_ENV->set_lg_dir

Bottom Line: don't trust the search engine at sleepycat.com :-(

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===