Re: UTF8 vs T61

I have used the "Octet String" type as a transitional measure from latin1
to UTF8.  Essentially you will be treating your strings as a a series of
bytes instead of characters.  Since it is raw data, there is no
type-checking that is performed on the server side.

>From the OpenLDAP admin guide:
> Octet String           1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.40  arbitary octets

Christoph Neumann
Azusa Pacific University