UTF8 vs T61

Hi,

I am using Openldap 2.0.15 right now, which only accepts UTF8. I recently
upgraded to this version , introducing some problems because characters like
EUR and ö were accepted in the previous version (2.0.1) of openldap we used
and not in the newer version.

I read a lot about it on openldap.org and other newsgroups and I know I
should enable UTF8 support in my userinterfaces. But, is there a way to
(temporarely) support the mentioned characters in OpenLdap 2.0.15, without
UTF8?

Has it something to do with LDAPv2 and LDAPv3, if so, how do I dow so?

Regards, Jan Stevens