Re: autofs and OpenLDAP integration

Nalin Dahyabhai wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:20:34AM +0200, Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:
> > in http://people.redhat.com/nalin/autofs/ the readme says:
> >
> > This is stuff from the Raw Hide autofs package, broken out and set here
> > for anyone who doesn't use SRPMS or whatever.
> >
> > If there's an SRPMS I would prefer to get it an rebuild the package, is
> > there one and where ?
>
> The source package those came from is in Raw Hide, which is out in
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/.  The autofs binary
> package in RHL 7.1 includes older versions of the helper program and
> the patched init script (which have since been modified to support
> and prefer the nisObject schema), so you shouldn't need them unless
> you're using the nisObject schema.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nalin

OK, I'll keep my config as is, after all it works fine so why change ...

I think I found why the same config doesn't work on an other machine (RH
7.1) .
when I run what is run in autofs script about ldap I get :

/usr/lib/autofs/autofs-ldap-auto-master: error binding to server: Can't
contact LDAP server

There might be something supid again in the config. I did check
/etc/ldap.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf /etc/openldap/ldap.conf, they are the
same on both machines !? on work the other not ?
Do you know where /usr/lib/autofs/autofs-ldap-auto-master look for ldap
information ,/etc/ldap.conf ?

Thanks

by the way, the future will be with nisObject or automount ?

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: