1.2 -> 2.x and schema extension

I read i the FAQ that openldap version 2.x requires Object-Ids for
new attributes. I am using version 1.2 with several self defined objectclasses
and attributes. Does this mean that I have to redefine each objectclass and
attribute with proper Object-Id's?

I got an enterprise Object-Id from IANA but I want to avoid to write
all this many definitions.

If I cannot avoid it, can I specify the Object-ID for my new attribute
the following way:

 Internet_oid.My_enterprise_oid.Attribute_oid

E.g. I would replace the oid 2.5.4.41 in

 attributeType ( 2.5.4.41 NAME 'name'

with

  Internet_oid.My_enterprise_oid.2.5.4.41

if 'name' would be my new attribute?