Re: " Email routing: ldap-support-on-sendmail"

Thanks Stuart for your very comprehensive explanation on using ldap on
sendmail.
According to your configuration details I tried to get sendmail on my mail hub
to bind with the
ldap server for email routing, but with no success!  Someone please help me
out
here! The following
is what I did to the mail hub which also has the LDAP client installed and
configured correctly in
ldapd.conf even though I do not think it is necessary with the Kvirtuser
ldapx.....thing in sendmail.
***
Number 1) IFirst I successfully compiled sendmail with LDAP.
(vi /sendmail-8.9.3/BuildTools/OS/SunOS.5.7). The following modifications were
completed prior to compile.

define(`confMAPDEF', `-DNDBM -DNEWDB -DLDAPMAP')

define(`confINCDIRS', `-I/usr/local/bind/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/loc
al/BerkeleyDB/include')

define(`confLIBDIRS', `-L/usr/local/bind/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/Berke
leyDB/lib')

define(`confLIBS', `-lbind -lsocket -lnsl -lkstat -ldb -lldap -llber')

***
Number 2) After compile and generating the sendmail.cf file for general
configuration I added
the following to sendmail.cf manually after the "Kdequote quote" line,

Kvirtuser ldapx -b "o=fsas, c=JP" -h "ldaptest.domain1.co.jp" -k "(mail=%s)"
 -v

mailhost

and the domain name at Cw like this,

Cw localhost domain1.co.jp

***
While doing a manual ldapsearch on the mail hub using the ldap client instal
led
ldapsearch -L "mail=user1@domain1.co.jp"
returns an answer from the ldap server  meanwhile Kvirtuser.....in sendmail
does not even attempt to connect to the ldap server.
***
Checking the bat book, it says that the following K switched can be used with
LDAPX:
-a, -f, -m, -N, -O, -o, -q
and the following special switches:

As you can see there is no mention of using the -k and -v switches with
LDAPX.  Is this a matter of concern??  What switches should I use?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Kristina