" Email routing: ldap-support-on-sendmail"

**This subject was:  "How and where to write a search filter script???????"
which is now
divided  into two subjects on this mailing list:
"Email routing :mail500 and sendmail"  and  " Email routing:
ldap-support-on-sendmail"**

To Stuart and all,

 This coming Sunday(Yes, Ldap is taking over my Sundays now too!),
I will be giving the" ldap-support-on-sendmail" method a go.
Of course, I will also be continuing my attempts with the mail500 method on
other machine.

I would like to clarify two things with the" ldap-support-on-sendmail" method
in reference
to Stuart's reply:

Question 1) I can't locate the Virtuser table in sendmail.cf to position the
Kvirtususer ldapx..................... line.  Can you please give me a key w
ord
which
will take me to the right place in sendmail.cf using "find"?

Question 2)Is the domain defined in "Cw" or "Cd". The bat book says
 that "Cd" is where you put the domain and "Cw" the host name, whereas
you put the domain in "Cw"??

Thanks and by Monday I will post my success or failure....and of course any
further queries!!

Kristina

At 20:17 99/11/18 +0000, you wrote:
> I haven't used mail500 so I can't help there. Here is the
> relevant info for the compiled-in ldap support.
>
> > As I am completely stuck at this point with mail500 I then decided
yesterday,
> > to give the ldap-support-on-sendmail solution a go. I now have
> > ldap support compiled in sendmail8.9.3 on another machine,
> > only to realize that I do not know how to write the search filter for this
one
> > too!!!
>
> Assuming that...
>   server is "ldap.xyz.com"
>   base dn is "ou=OrgUnit,o=Org"
>   your email addresses are in attribute "mail"
>   (format: "user@xyz.com")
>   final destination is in attribute "maildrop"
>   (format: "user@mh001.xyz.com")
>
> Then, this line will do:
>   Kvirtuser ldapx -b"ou=OrgUnit,o=Org" -h"ldap.xyz.com"
-k"(mailalternateaddress=%s)" -v maildrop